A big thank you

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Dec 15 22:24:02 UTC 2013

Dirk and his team,

There is a place where the diving community should thank you for what
you have put into this project and this is probably the place The energy
that you put into this was just amazing. The purposefulness of your
leadership is really rock-solid. I do not think you knew exactly what
you let yourself in for when you took over the Subsurface project. I
have been involved in a few open source projects and have seen them
split into several independently-named branches over issues immensely
more trivial than that of e.g. the equivalent of a dive planner, or
about screen layout. This has not even been a possibility here. The way
that you kept everyone together and focused is a major achievement,
given the complete rewrite of the UI. The other team members like Tomaz,
Thiago and Ludomir were never vociferous on the mail list. They just did
their updates, submitted the patches and got the work done. A very big
thank you to all of you.
Kind regards,
willemf