Towards 3.0

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Tue Feb 5 16:02:15 PST 2013

On 02/05/2013 07:36 PM, Holger Dinkel wrote:
> What I can offer as help is helping writing and publishing an article describing
> subsurface, its history and most importantly how to use it. I am typsetter for
> the online magazine "www.freiesMagazin.de" (in german, sorry) which publishes free
> (CC-BY-SA) articles about free software, open source and Linux on a monthly
> basis.
>
> The german "about" page at http://subsurface.hohndel.org/de/about/ is already a
> great start that can be used as a primer.
>
> I feel that an article about subsurface would fit very well into the context of
> the magazine, being free software and such. I don't know how many of our readers
> are divers, but the free license of the magazine would allow anybody to reuse,
> translate and republish the article wherever he sees fit.

I think an article in a non-diving specific magazine like
freiesmagazin.de is worth the effort only if the same article can
subsequently also be published in at least one popular diving specific
publication. The license of freiesmagazin.de may allow that, but we
should check if we can find any relevant diving-specific magazin that
would also be fine with such a non-exclusive use.

Should we contact the editors of magazines like "Tauchen",
"Dive Inside", "Unterwasser" or alike and ask?

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg