Calculated Ceiling

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 5 21:51:07 PST 2013

Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> do the "calculated ceiling" and "Planner" computations take tissue
> saturations already existent at the start of a dive into consideration?

Well, if you do multiple dives that are all in Subsurface then the
answer is yes for both the ceiling and the planner.

BTW: what's ceiling in German?

> BTW: The ceiling computations according to GF 30/75 seem to be a lot
> more conservative than the Suunto RGBM model. I'm not saying this is
> bad, but it will probably trigger a lot of questions from concerned
> users :-)

You can have endless discussions on the validity of any of those
calculations - just go to a deco forum online.

Since we currently use the same values for display and planner I don't
really want to make the defaults all that agressive, but I am in no way
married to the 30/75 if you have a better suggestion for the default.