Updates to German and Swiss German translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 9 11:09:08 PST 2013

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> writes:

> Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> What I really want is a way to automatically create the format that
>> poedit creates - and I can't find a tool to do that easily. poedit
>> appears to always run interactively.
>
> Come to think of it, my PoEdit doesn't put filename:linenumber of
> separate lines:
> https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/326707800dfe23eb14858867f481b80856af46c8
>
> Or does that patch have other unwanted quirks that I'm not recognizing?

I looked through the poedit bugtracker and of course many people have
run into this issue before us. The very latest version of poedit indeed
fixes this misbehavior.

Sadly, most Linux distributions still ship an older version. The
Makefile target I just added doesn't do any harm when run after using a
modern poedit, so we should now have a solution that works for everyone.