planner changes and new strings

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 14 00:40:18 PST 2013

"Robert C. Helling" <helling at lmu.de> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> Dirk,
>
>> So when I fixed the issues with extremely long and deep dives (you now
>> get a warning on plans below 150m and we refuse plans below 400m; you
>> also get a warnings if you exceed 3h with the planned segments before
>> the ascent) I also cleaned up all the warnings and error messages there
>> (and added a few new ones).
>
> Very good. I see you also extended the list of possible stop depths.

Yep

> Just a very minor remark: The warning that long times require long
> calculations only comes _after_ a significant time...

it shouldn't show_error should refresh the widget the moment the
duration of the dive plan exceeds the max - that's BEFORE the plan is
calculated. It is of course possible that on a Mac the widget doesn't
refresh in sync with the call (we have observed this with some other
issues as well - there sometimes appears to be a delay on the Mac before
things get displayed) - but from a code perspective I'm pretty sure that
this should be displayed right away.

> In addition the button on the error message also reads 'OK' which might be
> a bit confusing as there is another OK button on the form with a different
> meaning. Maybe "Thanks" or "I see" would be more appropriate (if you need
> the button at all, I would not mind if there is no way to remove the
> warning)

I thought about this - but I like being able to click away errors /
warnings. And given the coloring I don't think there should be any confusion.

>> And it causes a bit of new work for the translators. :-(
>
> And here is another patch for the German expressions.

Thanks, Applied.

Martin - I didn't apply this for the Swiss German translations as
well. I figured you'd like to keep those 'authentic' at some point...