interesting colors on ceiling

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 26 19:55:31 PST 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I just noticed that the colors are messed up when computer reported
>>> ceiling is displayed in normal color ("show dc reported ceiling red"
>>> is not selected). Attached is a screenshot from zoomed-in view. (Dive
>>> profile is courtesy of Jan - original in JDiveLog format.)
>>>
>>> Maybe to be fixed in 3.0.2 :)
>>
>> Please show the complete profile...
>>
>> my guess is that you are seeing an interesting overlay effect of him
>> actually breaking the ceiling reported by his computer (he does that at
>> times... Jan likes to live on the edge) and then the ceiling gets
>> red. And on top of that you are drawing in green our calculated ceiling.
>>
>> Just to verify, turn of the calculated ceiling
>
> This one is without the calculated ceiling. So your assumption looks
> to be quite right.

Yep - that's it.

But what that means is that we maybe need to rethink the coloring. Linus
complained about it in the past. Since this is easy to play with (just change
the constants in the table in profile.c / color.h)… maybe someone else can
play with this and come back with some awesome color choices?

:-)