deco calculations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jan 4 06:46:09 PST 2013

On Jan 4, 2013, at 6:10 AM, Robert C. Helling wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Robert C. Helling wrote:
>
>> But I ran it with data from my latest dive on which it seems to think I violated the ceiling which results in the ceiling being a self-intersecting surface, see screen-shot attached.
>>

> Adding a ceiling of 0 at the end of the dive fixes this, see attached patch.

Yes, something like that was supposed to be there - I'll need to check again why it isn't.

> BTW, shouldn't a violated ceiling be highlighted?

Yes - it will be eventually (the code for that is already just a little higher up in profile.c where it does so for decostops that the divecomputer reported.
But since I don't really trust the calculations, yet, I didn't bother… and frankly, for my dives I am always a million miles away from the calculated ceiling.
Jan's dives violate it all the time, but he dives a rebreather and I'm not doing the calculations for those correctly, yet.

Thanks for the patch - would you resend it with a commit message and Signed-off-by line so I can add it?