deco calculations

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Jan 4 13:38:34 PST 2013

On 01/04/13 07:06, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Ok, here's something new...
>
> I took a stab at implementing our own deco calculations.

Really cool, thx a lot. Starting with an overlay to existing dives is
quite interesting, especially as one can play with the GF settings and
see the differences in here. In the long run we should add the
possibility to plan dives and play with even more parameters like gas
changes.

> Jan, don't get your hopes up - it's OC only at this point. CC is on my
> list, but not there, yet.

Shouldn't be that tricky to switch to CC, in fact it should make life
even easier as the pO2 is constant - OK not really flat on computer with
integrated cell readings.

> I have some issues with this (as noted in the commit messages). My
> biggest concern is that apparently changing the GFlow and GFhigh values
> has no impact on the deco curve whatsoever. And that is a huge red flag
> to me...

In my dives overlay using mot current subsurface I can see clearly
differences when changing GF settings but only in the calculated deco
depth, not the duration!

Some notes:
- seems there is a fixed last stop at 3m implemented as of now, in the
long run this should be configurable as some people believe 6m is better
(not me) and personaly I'd also like to have to opportunity to switch
this last stop of or change to 2m or even 1m - just to play around and
see what the difference is on dives with 6 hours of deco.
- looking at the outcome of your calculations compared to my real ones
done at CC I get the impression the calculation is to optimistic (maybe
there is a wrong gas used for calculations?) and especially the deco
duration in total seems to be to short, but I'll have a look to this in
more detail

Thx a lot, this is really exciting news!

Jan