dive planner fixes [was: Re: source code may be getting a bit intimidating]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 7 13:13:10 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Ok, I found two bugs in the dynamic update code related to gas
> changes. Please try again, this should work now (mind you, it doesn't
> have the "keep the last gas" logic, yet, so once you enter depth and
> time you get a pointless gaschange shown, once you add the gas it goes
> away again (assuming you entered the same gas) or becomes valid (if you
> actually changed gas)).

Ok, we crossed paths.

Here's my patch re-based on top of yours. We found and fixed the same
gas index bug, so it conflicted, and you added the gas "changed"
callback, but most of my patch ends up being valid.

So with this, leaving the gas empty will actually mean "use same gas
as last entry".

With air being the default first entry if you have nothing at all.

                 Linus