Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Wed Jan 9 15:01:05 PST 2013

On 01/08/13 23:18, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Jan Schubert wrote:
>
> Jan,
>
>> and might do this next weak end, but as of now I would really like to
>> understand this calculation in tissue_tolerance_calc():
>>
>>                tissue_tolerated_ambient_pressure[ci] = ...
> of course that's the non-obvious part. I got that from the reasoning described in my post with the patch plus an algebraic manipulation in Mathematica (I attached the notebook as sort of documentation) and then massaged the output slightly by hand. As a level 0 check you can convince yourself hat for GFhigh=GFlow=100% this reduces to the usual Buehlmann formula.

Robert, I'm not arguing that your calculation is wrong, it's just a
little bit hard to understand. I also do not have access to Mathematica,
does it make sense to post a screenshot from the solving part?
I'd like to check the outcome of the deco calculation in total (not
specific to the function above) is correct, especially as we see such
notable differences to dive computers.

Is there a way to split the tissue calculation from them GF
calculation/interpolation?

Do you agree when I state GFlow should not have any (notable) impact on
the shallow part/deco on existing profiles?
Can we check our understanding of GFlow? I remember you saying GFlow
refers to deepest point in dive!? I thought GFlow defines the 1st deco
stop (current GF should be <=GFlow).
How is the interpolation from GFlow to GFhigh to surface? In my
understanding GFhigh refers to the max. GF when surfacing.

Thx,
Jan