GPS icon [was: Re: Plans [was: Re: Gconf or GSettings? - leading to a wider question]]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 22 20:37:23 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Ok, I cleaned this up and pushed it. Here's the commit message:
>
>     Add GPS icon to the location column for dive sites where we have GPS data

This causes a SIGSEGV when you click on a divetrip, because the

        dive = get_dive(idx);

returns NULL in icon_click_cb(), and then we try to look if that NULL
dive has GPS information.

The obvious fix to check for

        if (dive && (dive->latitude.udeg || dive->longitude.udeg))

instead, and that fixes it.

.. and yes, that GPS antenna is clearly pre-diabetic, and needs to go
on a diet. It's the ham-beast of GPS antennas.

But I do not have the artistic skills to fix it. Or rather, I tried
editing the svg in inkscape and that was ok, but then it actually
doesn't use the svg at all ;(

           Linus