Subsurface ignores a temp of 0˚C

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 23 12:19:11 PST 2013

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
> <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
>>
>> Now, just two remaining issues:
>>
>> - The first temperature sample seems to be dropped.  I think it should be
>> there, regardless of the first-sample-is-air-temp thingie.  (MacDive keeps
>> the first sample)
>
> Hmm. I really don't think this is correct. It doesn't really give the
> temperature in the water, and keeping it in the samples is thus
> actually not reflecting reality.

I agree with Linus here. I have many dives where the air temperature is
significantly higher than even the water surface (sometimes more than
10 C difference). It just makes no sense to have that as the first
"water" temperature. I find dives where the temperature plot is
significantly different in the beginning compared to the end of the dive
just... wrong.