Re: Subsurface ignores a temp of 0˚C

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 23 12:09:19 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

> Now, just two remaining issues:
>
> - The first temperature sample seems to be dropped.  I think it should be
> there, regardless of the first-sample-is-air-temp thingie.  (MacDive keeps
> the first sample)

Hmm. I really don't think this is correct. It doesn't really give the
temperature in the water, and keeping it in the samples is thus
actually not reflecting reality.

It would be easy to do (remove the one line that zeroes it out), but I
think it's the wrong thing.

Sadly, if you want better temperature data, you should get a
non-suunto dive computer. The whole "we only give temperatures in
whole degrees Celsius, and only after a minute of stabilizing the
temperature" thing is slightly annoying. Not that I really care, but
comparing Suunto temperature plots with - for example - the Uemis
Zurich does show how different the sensors are.

> - Negative temperature values doesn't seem to be displayed in the profile

Mind sending me your XML file, I'll take a look..

                Linus