Missing events?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 28 14:55:08 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

> I've attached the XML exports for the dives in MacDive and Subsurface.  I
> need to add MacDive import to Subsurface soon :)

It should be trivial, but trying it out MacDive actually does some
*really* odd XML. The notes contain xml a CDATA field, which I've
never seen before, but is an interesting way to avoid ugly quoting.

Anyway, it terminally confuses our XML parser. We get NULL pointer
dereferences because libxml turns that CDATA field into a node without
a name, which is somewhat screwed up, and we don't expect that.

Anyway, I've never looked at a MacDive xml file before, but it looks
fairly straightforward to parse. I'll look at this along with the
problem with deleting entries from the tree on the plane.

              Linus