#160: Printing

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 08:02:00 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 16:49, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> August
> >>>

> ok, i will keep you folks up to date on with the printing progress.
> as a side note (and AFAIK) it seems that Qt does not allow a custom
> tab in the print dialog. so what i'm doing right now is create a
> custom print QDialog with all options that calls another dialog
> (QPrintDialog) with the hardware settings. found the suggestion at
> stackoverflow.com..

Well, this is not "Qt" fault per se, it happens because of this:
"On Windows and Mac OS X, the native print dialog is used, which means that
some QWidget<http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/qwidget.html>and
QDialog <http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/qdialog.html>properties
set on the dialog won't be respected. The native print dialog on
Mac OS X does not support setting printer options, i.e.
setOptions<http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/qprintdialog.html#options-prop>()
and setOption<http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/qprintdialog.html#setOption>()
have no effect."

> >> What's in the bugs :-)
> >> A working Windows build.
> >> A ton of testing.
> >> Updates documentation.
> >> Right before release, a new tutorial video.
> >>
> >> Yes, we might be at 90% in a week or two. But my guess is two months
> until
> >> we are ready to release. But I might change my mind and do a 4.0 "public
> >> beta" later this month. If I can get a windows build by then.
> >

> > I can help you with a windows build, specially considering 'marble',
> because
> > the 'windows' version of marble is build with kdeports, and that's a bit
> of
> > pain to setup.
>
> i would be happy if i can get a native windows build working for
> testing and development at some point. currently building with the
> default Makefile and an Ubuntu VM.

I'm talking with the marble guys those days to make it easyer to compile
libmarblewidget on non-unix based systems.