Companion app released on Play Store

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Mar 1 17:06:09 PST 2013

On 02.03.2013 01:01, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> Uploading photos to my server? Why?
>> Because its free?
>> No, I was hoping to be able to take some photos with my shiny smartphone
>> and get them associated with the dive. Alternative would be in
>> subsurface to scan all pics in a specified folder for EXIF data pointing
>> out the same date, time and - if available also - GPS data. I'd agree to
>> postpone this after 3.0.2...
> People seem to love this whole multi-media thing and I don't get it, but
> sure, this is certainly something we can target for 3.1.

Actually it is not me asking for this but my sense for users using
subsurface.
>> But back to the website: Is there a reason the OSM map is sooo limited
>> in size? Havin a fullscreen / popup available might be an option as well.
> Sorry, we have so many maps by now - which map exactly are you talking
> about?

Several maps on the website? So far I've only seen the one at
http://api.hohndel.org <http://api.hohndel.org/> after login in using my
ID and this is the one I'm refering to.
BTW: This OSM map clearly shows a map view while the one in Subsurface
shows satellite view, I remember we have a ticket open for this to be
able to switch in Subsurface.

>>> Lucky you.
>> Water is below 5C now even at surface, diving longer than 90min is
>> really manful. This is the time of the year where I always think about
>> to buy a heating or do diving holidays...
> Lovely. Sounds like fun. Water around here is about 6-8C at the surface
> and warms up to 10-11C at depth :-)

Warming up in depth? Never happens here except it gets really cold for a
long time when water cools down below 4C at surface, down there we
always have 4.XC regardless of the time of the year, but it's really
nice to hang out for several hours in deco having more than 10C (which
sometimes happens in really hot summer :-). My experience is, that 7.5C
(based on readings of OSTC) is my personal barrier to get warm or cold
not using a heating.

//Jan