name of automatic fixes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 3 07:13:43 PST 2013

On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:39 PM, Sergey Starosek wrote:

> Dirk,
>
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 02:15:52PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> We treat those two types of fixes differently when trying to match
>> them with dives so we need to be able to tell them apart. The current
>> name is fine (I just pushed out code in webservice.c that correctly
>> detects it), just disable the ability to edit it, please.
>
> This means that these strings cannot be translated in the companion app,
> which may annoy non-english speaking users.

I think the companion app can SHOW a localized string, but transfer a
standardized one; but I see how this could be confusing.

> Can we use some other field of dive structure to flag these 'auto-fix'
> dives?

We don't have spare fields at this point, so this requires a database
redesign plus changes in the companion app, the server and Subsurface
itself to support.

Not something we can do in the 3.0.2 time frame.