new file formats for import

Rainer Mohr mail at klemmkeil.de
Fri Mar 8 00:27:20 PST 2013

Hi Dirk,

> I like the idea of pointing people to divelogs.de as a way to convert files.
> Maybe we could come up with an API that would allow even tighter integration
> of
> Subsurface and divelogs.de? Basically a way to simply synchronize the data
> that
> is maintained locally and in "the cloud" (i.e., divelogs.de)? Diveboard.com
> offers
> something like that.
>
> Just wondering…

Sure, an "API" already exists and is ready to use :-) Diving Log 5.0 has
implemented this already and it works great

It's based completely on the DLD file format (both ways), so you already have
the reading part in place.
To upload your dives, you will need to create a DLD file and POST it along with
your username and password to a specific URL.
Downloading is just as easy, Username and password POSTed to another URL
(optionally with the IDs of the dives you want, simply comma separated)
To get the list of available dives (and their IDs), there is a third URL, that
you POST username and password to, Result is very simple XML.

All three URLs return XML with the result for feedback.

Here is a page where you can try it all out:
http://www.divelogs.de/dl_api.html

Haven't written any documentation yet, but just trying it out and looking into
the page source for the URLs to POST to should explain 95% of it all.

See if you can work with that and if something is unclear, shoot. I'll try to
put some simple documentation on the page today

Rainer