uwatec irda device to use

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 05:34:18 PST 2013

Hello list.

The only way I found sofar to extract dives from my uwatec dive computer
through IRDA connection was to specify /dev/ircomm0 as input device in
subsurface UI. And it's painfully slow... From what I've understood
sofar, this is a SIR-emulation layer, whereas I have a FIR sigmatel
device, wich may explain the slowness. However, I didn't found any other
irda device created when running 'irattach irda0'. So, is there any
better solution available ?

OK, this is probably more related to libdivecomputer, or to linux irda
support, but I guess other people in the list have the same kind of
diving computer.
--
BOFH excuse #225:

It's those computer people in X {city of world}.  They keep stuffing
things up.