conversions.h?

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed May 1 14:32:57 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 1 de maio de 2013 22.55.20, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on brach master I just pulled the latest version (which I hadn't done in a
> while) and building failed:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `conversions.h', needed by `equipment.o'.
> Stop.
>
> It is mentioned in .dep/qt-ui/addcylinderdialog.o.dep (I had checked out the
> Qt branch before) but that shouldn't be relevant after changing branches (I
> have to admit that my knowledge of makefiles and in particular .dep is
> almost zero, am I supposed to make clean after changing branches?). Anyway,
> touching conversions.h also helped.

If you switch between the Qt branch and the master branch, funny things will
happen because of the changes in the buildsystem.

You should nuke the .dep subdir every time you change away from the Qt branch.
This subdir is regenerated as needed.

However, I have to confess I don't know how this happened to you. The master
branch Makefile includes .dep/*.dep. That does not match .dep/qt-ui/*.dep.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358