Divelogs.de integration

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 15 13:26:04 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 13:23 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2013 19:50:20, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
> wrote:
> > It should be fairly self explanatory I think.  By the way, I think we
> > used the DLD version in the Subsurface-Gtk version.  See the
> > divelogde_*() functions in
> > https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/blob/Gtk/webservice.c
>
> It didn't parse the XML. It simply extracted portions of the string...
>
> Also, the Gtk version did not support downloading dives, which is what I am
> implementing.

Correct. This was an addition fairly late in the 3.1 cycle and with an
eye to the upcoming Qt transition I punted on that... you can manually
download DLD files and import them. But for the Qt version I'd love to
have real upload / download integration if possible.

> I've managed to parse the replies that I've got from Dirk's test account, but
> it would be nice to get a login pass/fail in a more machine-readable mode than
> searching for <Login>failed</Login>...

I guess that should go to Rainer again :-)