Divelogs.de integration

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Nov 16 11:46:51 UTC 2013

On sábado, 16 de novembro de 2013 20:11:27, Rainer Mohr wrote:
> Am 16.11.13 19:44, schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> >> On the date format, what timezone are they in? UTC?
> >
> > Thiago, almost always dives are in local time - so technically they have
> > NO timezone at all.
> > Think about it. When I dive in Palau at 14:00 on Monday, I don't want
> > this to show up as a 21:00 dive on Sunday when I look at my dive list at
> > home...
>
> Yep, local time of whereever it took place. couldn't have said it better
> Dirk :-)

Well, that technically means you *can* have two dives at the same time. If
you're diving in Fiji (GMT+12), then you travel to American Samoa (GMT-11) and
dive there the next day. Both dives happened in the same day, around the same
local time.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358