bug on libmarble

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Oct 11 13:38:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula
<danilo.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to know if I'm the only one having this problem.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eObYuwacBrE
>
> I'm using the latest master with libmarble 4:4.10.5-1 packaged by debian.

Hmm. I didn't notice, because I usually only move around the map by
moving around the dive sites, and that doesn't seem to have the
problem.

But when zooming in by hand, I do see something similar - although not
identical - to your behavior (F19 here, marble-4.11.2). The tile
caching seems to go crazy at times, where the satellite tiles don't
match the road overlays (and don't match the zooming or location).

Don't know if it's something we do wrong, or marble.

               Linus