[patch] Prettier printing

Patrick Valsecchi patrick at thus.ch
Tue Oct 15 05:19:54 UTC 2013

I don't know why you have vector graphics. If I look at the generated
PDF, nothing is vector. It's just bitmaps with higher resolution, at
least when compiled with Qt 4.9.0.

What I get with un-modified subsurface:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/secerihiarmzioe/originalPrint.pdf

What I get with my patch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l13r12c0o43ewpj/newPrint.pdf

Download them if you want to see something. Dropbox's view doesn't allow
you to zoom. Then, with your favorite PDF viewer, if you try to select
some text, you'll see that you cannot. It's all bitmap.

Maybe with Qt5, they made some progress and some stuff gets printed as
vectors. Good. But at least, with my patch we have something that is not
as pixelated as before... which had only a width of 600 pixels for the
whole profile.

What is the official Qt version we support?