[Fwd: [Subsurface-trac] #486: Manually entered profile not transferred correctly to divelogs.de]

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:32:04 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Interesting bug. So the default dive created when simply doing "Add
> Dive" and then saving the dive looks like this in Subsurface:

Works as designed :D But the design is clearly flawed with manually added
dives.

> Linebreaks are mine for readability :-)

Easy way to format XML for readability :
xmllint --format <input>

> Rainer - is that fixed sample interval format the only format
> divelogs.de understands? Or is there another format where we could give
> the time stamp in the sample as we do in Subsurface?
>
> If not, I guess we'd have to create synthetic samples to try to get
> "reasonably close" (in this case we could get it nearly perfectly).
> Miika, would that be doable in your xslt or would we need to pre-process
> things to have the correct samples?

It would be great to have the timestamp option, but I should be able to
generate synthetic samples in XSLT as well. What is the time wise
granularity of the manually added samples? 1 minute as the sample dive in
bug report? Something larger than 1 second would be good here, as then it
is easy to use that as sample interval and not end up with insanely large
export file.

miika