[Fwd: [Subsurface-trac] #486: Manually entered profile not transferred correctly to divelogs.de]

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Mon Apr 7 02:20:28 PDT 2014

Am 07.04.14 07:32, schrieb Miika Turkia:

>     Rainer - is that fixed sample interval format the only format
>     divelogs.de <http://divelogs.de> understands? Or is there another
>     format where we could give
>     the time stamp in the sample as we do in Subsurface?

I'm afraid so, yes. I save the sample interval with the dive's data and
the samples have only the depth and not when it occurs.
Since Dive computers have regular samples every x seconds, there was no
need until now to make this variable. Changing this would hurt on my
side :-(

>     If not, I guess we'd have to create synthetic samples to try to get
>     "reasonably close" (in this case we could get it nearly perfectly).
>     Miika, would that be doable in your xslt or would we need to
>     pre-process
>     things to have the correct samples?
>

> It would be great to have the timestamp option, but I should be able
> to generate synthetic samples in XSLT as well. What is the time wise
> granularity of the manually added samples? 1 minute as the sample dive
> in bug report? Something larger than 1 second would be good here, as
> then it is easy to use that as sample interval and not end up with
> insanely large export file.
That would be great and I wouldn't have to change my database structure...
You can use anything you like as sample interval, I guess the smallest
difference (in seconds) between two samples in the subsurface dive makes
sense. Then use synthetic samples for the larger intervals. If that's
feasible, I'd be greatly happy.

If it's problematic on your side, I can try to insert fake samples on my
side too, if there is no sample interval defined in the XML I get, but
only timestamps...

Your shot, let me know if you want me to do it.

Rainer