[Fwd: [Subsurface-trac] #486: Manually entered profile not transferred correctly to divelogs.de]

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Mon Apr 7 02:59:38 PDT 2014

Hi Jef,

Am 07.04.14 11:42, schrieb Jef Driesen:
> I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there are dive computers
> out there that don't have a fixed sample rate. Some (older) Oceanics
> support a depth based sample rate. They record a new sample whenever a
> certain depth threshold is exceeded. The timestamps of such samples
> are not regularly spaced.

True, the smarttrak data format also has a "repeat x times" if the depth
does not change IIRC
Fact is though, that until today, every DC data format that I have an
import for does give me regular samples inside their own format, even if
the computer does not specifically record one (except for the Smarttrak
format, where i create x dummy samples for the "repeat x times").

if there is need for irregular sample intervals, I will be happy to adapt

Rainer