towards 4.1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 18 22:57:47 PDT 2014

I have put a Windows binary up for download. I have not been able to do
any testing on it whatsoever, so I don't even know if it will work. But
figuring out what fails might also help.

I haven't managed to package a Mac binary, yet. Something odd is
happening when linking against libgit2 (instead of the correct path to
the dylib no path is embedded in the Subsurface binary and because of
that the packaging script fails).

I have pushed the latest strings to Transifex, a couple of people who
were on IRC already completed the translations, it would be nice if the
other translators could work on this as well. A good chunk of the new
strings are just minor modification or existed just like this before.

If you are working on changes that should still make it into 4.1, please
respond here. Also, everyone, please test. Play with the test dives, try
imports, exports, manually adding dives, creating trips... just work the
UI and see what you can get to break.

Patches are great, but bug reports (on trac.hohndel.org) are equally
helpful.

My plan is to leave the planner disabled and keep git saving enabled but
entirely undocumented.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of things - please add to the list of
things we need to do.

Thanks