Connectiviy problem

Mario Pilz mariopilz at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 12:09:07 PDT 2014

Hi Robert, Miika and Rick,

thanks a lot for your support! It still doesn't work and I'll try to
describe what I tried so far as good as I can. First of all: I use a
Suunto D4i and a Thinkpad X220 with Ubuntu 12.04.4

1. First I run following command: sudo groupadd dialout
Output: group already exists
@ Robert: you wrote I have to be a member. How can I add myself as such?

2. Then I run: sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
Output: usb 2-1.1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

and

Apr 24 00:31:45 mario-ThinkPad-X220 mtp-probe: bus: 2, device: 5 was not
an MTP device

Looks ok? I have already selected the ttyUSB0 in the download menu of
subsurface, without success.

3.  at last i run: ls -1 /dev/ttyusb0
Output: ls: access to /dev/ttyusb0 not possible: file or directory not found

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!

Mario