anyone with access to Windows (real or VM), please test...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Aug 3 12:09:07 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 11:13:23AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM, "Paul-Erik Törrönen"
> <poltsi at 777-team.org> wrote:
> >
> > There are missing strings/numbers in the dialog when doing upload from a
> > dive computer. The selected language is Finnish. See attached screenshot
> > for details. There is a string at the bottom saying 'Sukellus $d: $d.
> > $skuuta $04d'.
>
> It looks like the windows vsnprintf() function doesn't understand
> positional parameters.

Lovely :-/

> I'm not horribly surprised, and looking around, this is actually the
> only place we use those things.
>
> I would suggest perhaps screwing up the Finnish translation a bit in
> order to avoid the positional parameter feature. Patch attached.

Missing commit message and SOB... but then again - we'd want to change
that on Transifex, anyway.

I thought the positional parameters were a widely supported feature.
Admittedly I never use Subsurface in the German localization (drives me
nuts), but the last time I looked into this I tried to simply used Qt's
localization for dates and time... I must have missed the part in the dive
computer download... so I think the better fix would be to change the way
we generate this string in the first place...

Clearly we are nowhere near releasing 4.2 (which is fine - I'd rather
find and fix all these annoying issues BEFORE it goes out to end users),
so I think that's the route I'll take.