test binaries for Beta 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 5 06:55:17 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 12:18:20PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 5 August 2014 09:09, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > We know that the 32bit/Qt4 Windows installer has printing issues - so
> > that's not the main goal of testing :-)
> >

> actually it should all work the same way as the Qt5 build, except the
> table print is in raster.
>
> re: tmpfile()
> i remember Miika wrote the initial prepare_dives_for_divelogs()
> variant for the GTK version, but it used tmpnam() if i recall
> correctly. then i changed it to use tmpfile()...something in these
> lines.
>
> TBH, i didn't notice that the file goes in C:\ on Win7, simply because
> i use an administrator/root account.
> testing on WinXP SP2, it goes in .\ which is no better.

I simply ripped all this out and reimplemented it to go to
C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Temp or something.

But of course now that I say this I don't know if I would have needed to
sing some magic incantations and burn the excrements of some MSFT
employees in order for this to work with non-ASCII (or non-Latin, or
non-something) characters in the localized path name components...

Could you take a look at commit 3fd8e50044c7 ?