test binaries for Beta 5

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 04:53:07 PDT 2014

I just played around with the latest 32 bit Windows installer,
subsurface-4.1.94-2-gd85d08e14f9e-32bit-Qt4. Tested English and
Swedish localizations on 32 bit Vista.

A few little niggles, but nothing at all critical. Not sure if any of
this is related to the OS or QT4.

Downloading dives (Hollis DG03 connected to COM4) - OK
Editing downloaded dive - ok but SAC not displayed in dive list when
cylinder data entered and dive saved (SAC is displayed in Dive Info).
When selecting another dive or clicking on the profile, SAC is still
shown as 0 l/m in dive list, but after setting a location by
double-clicking on the map, SAC does show in the dive list.

Printing (to PDFCreator) - 6 per page profile view looks good. Clear
graphics and text
Table view - font is very ugly but can be read. Tried playing with
printer settings but no luck. Also tried changing font in preferences
but this affects only the program.
Printing dive plan text looks ok (fixed width font), except the word
körtid (runtime in Swedish) is displayed as 6 squares instead of
letters. Elsewhere, words with Swedish vowels å, ä and ö are printed
fine, as is BÜHLMANN in the disclaimer at bottom.

Preferences dialog - by default so large I cannot see the buttons at
the bottom (1280 x 800 laptop screen). Resized by dragging down top of
title bar.

Swedish localization - Note I an not a native speaker and have not
been in Sweden for 6 years, so excuse me if what I'm reporting is
actually my poor Swedish skills.
Days of week in notes and dive list end in "en" rather than "dag".
E.g. freen, lören, sören instead of fredag, lördag, söndag (Friday,
Saturday, Sunday).

I did not try photos (none at hand) or uploading to divelogs.de (no account).

Hope this helps, and sorry, I won't get a chance to test again until
the weekend at least.