test binaries for Beta 5

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Aug 6 09:27:14 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Linus Torvalds

> So try this. I have *not* tested it with the odd cases that I tested
> things originally, but the code hasn't really changed and it should
> all be ok. And I updated the commit message, so it should be better.

So to show some example breakage, here's a stupid dive based on
dives/test1.xml that shows an example.

It has three gases, but the second has doesn't have any gas switch events.

What *used* to happen is:
 - the "get_gaslist()" thing shows gases 1 and 3
 - the gas *usage* shows just gas 1, and incorrectly at that ("0.00
cuft", when it's actually unknown and should be empty)
 - the SAC-rate shows just gas 1, which is unknown (and properly empty)

What happens with my patch is:
 - it shows gases 1 and 3 sanely

What we *might* want to add is to show gas2 because it does have
start/end pressure information. Right now it's not shown, because it
doesn't have any actual use time (no gas switch event to it). That
would be easy to change in my patch, because it's one coherent loop
that does all these things.

But this is a pretty made-up example, just to show the breakage that
the old code had. So really not a big deal.

             Linus