Partial push of Josh's configure-dive-computer GSoC project

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 19 04:53:03 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 08:18:17AM +0300, Joshua Joseph wrote:
> - the port detection could be a little smarter; on most platforms you
> >   should be able to TELL which port has an FTDI based device attached and
> >   only those are candidates for being the OSTC3
> >
> I will check on how to include this. Shouldn't be hard.

This is something I want us to improve overall in Subsurface. We could do
a much better job guessing showing only those choices that are likely when
opening the divecomputer download screen. I started on this a while back
(so when you chose downloading from a Uemis you aren't offered serial
ports for example), but there's a lot more we could do there.

> - the widgets showing the gases are a bit unfortunate... the fact that
> >   they each just show a tiny part of the underlying models is
> >   disappointing. Would it be better to add a second tab to the the
> >   information area and have those three widgets there, big enough to show
> >   all gases, dilutents and set points?
> >
> > Finally, I haven't looked at the docs, I thought that one could also
> > change the gradient factors from the PC (that certainly was possible with
> > the OSTC2). Has that been dropped for the OSTC3 or is this missing in your
> > UI?
> >

> I will move the gas tables to a new tab. About the gradient factors, I am
> not sure about
> them, I will have to go through the docs for that.

See my email a moment ago responding to Jef sending a pointer to the
documentation (I love heinrichsweikamp - I don't think we have another
vendor who has their detailed specs online so we can check what we are
doing) - there are a few more. It would be nice to get them all covered
both in the UI and in the Backup / Restore function.

You have done the hard work - this should be quite easy to add I believe.