Repetition groups in UDDF

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 15:15:54 PST 2014

I think I'm starting to be the 'annoying neighbour' :-)

So, the last patch adds proper trip support in the UDDF export, rather
than hijacking the repetition group.

With this done I'm wondering if there is a better way we can use the
repetition group. I'm looking for a bit of input for this, as with
only 31 dives myself (and 1 year diving), I'm not really 100% sure on
the ins and outs of repetition groups.

I would probably go with just 1 repetition group per day (or date),
though I could see perhaps someone doing night dives, or 4 dives a day
on a liveaboard might consider a repetition group spanning more than
one day. At the same time, the way it currently works, a 1 week trip
doing 2 dives a day, probably shouldn't be considered a repetition
group.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?