Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE people...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 14 22:44:41 PST 2014

> On Dec 14, 2014, at 10:30 PM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the two (Debian and Ubuntu) now so different that the same package/repository can't be used for both?

I really don’t know - which is why I’m asking the experts here.
It’s my understanding (for whatever that’s worth) that Debian cannot use the PPA that we have - and the PPA is so convenient that I certainly won’t move away from that for Ubuntu and LinuxMint.
Maybe the underlying repo can be exposed to Debian - I don’t know how.
Or maybe Miika has a simple script that allows me to automate making a repo for Debian.

Basically at this point I’m exploring the options to figure out what’s reasonable.

I’m also updating all the build instructions. I have finished Fedora (did a clean F20 install in a VM… following my instructions you get a working Subsurface build that uses our libdivecomputer and libmarblewidget…

Now I’m trying the same for Debian :-)