Need help to start contributing for Subsurface

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 07:26:16 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Nikhil Bharadwaj <nikhil.gosala at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tomaz,
>
> Thanks a lot for the pointers. Regarding my programming level, I am quite
> good with C++, but I am an amateur with Qt. But GUI of Qt has many
> similarities with Visual Studio UI which I am very familiar with.

Not if you work with Qt Model system, and we use a ton of models on
subsurface.

Try to do one thing that's *not* very hard:

Add a new item on the Profile named "Time Based Mean Depth"
 Take a look at the code for MeanDepth line to help.

What this line should do:

When you move the mouse on the profile, a line will appear at position x1 =
0 to x2 = mousePos, and the y should be the value of the mean depth line.

Try to do that and ask me any questions if you need.

Tomaz