Begin of Facebook Integration

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Dec 24 01:57:08 PST 2014

Em 24/12/2014 05:39, "Robert C. Helling" <helling at atdotde.de> escreveu:

> On 24 Dec 2014, at 00:02, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> It doesn't do anything yet besides logging in, saving user info and
logging out, but since dirk really want some patches, there you go. :)

> great.
>
> I don’t know if that is supposed to work, but I cannot login, I get an
error "App ist nicht eingerichtet: Die App-Entwickler haben diese App nicht
richtig für die Facebook-Anmeldung eingerichtet.” saying the app is not
configured: the application developers have not properly set up the up
for Facebook login.

> Whatever that means.
>
> Another issue: I admit, I do not really understand this OAuth process.
But when I looked into it (to see how difficult this social media
integration would be) I came to the conclusion that we would need some sort
of subsurface application identifiert, that would identify subsurface
to Facebook and that we are supposed to keep secret. At that point I
considered this a show stopper for an open source application. Was I
misguided or how are you going to overcome this?

This secret is not going to be used on client side software, and you not
being abre tô login is because the configuration of the app is the Facebook
side is e asked just for developers ( and im the only developer, yet.)  Ill
try to find out how to enable stuff tô others besides myself.

But belive me, if you use my account, things works. ;p

> Best
> Robert
>
> --

> Robert C. Helling     Elite Master Course Theoretical and Mathematical
Physics
>                       Scientific Coordinator

>                       Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen, Dept.
Physik
> print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm.
B339