patches for the new profile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 5 09:54:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 09:33 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 17:33 +0200, Benjamin wrote:
> >> Would using "politician" or "lobbyist" be an acceptable compromise? Or
> >> would that be treading on too many toes?
> >
> > Or 'moron'.
>
> The whole "R-word" issue is f*cking moronic.
>
> "moron" is _also_ originally a medical term. As is "idiot" or "imbecile".
>
> "retarded" isn't any more special. It's just slightly newer, and in
> current use.

Moron is typically used for lack of education. Or lack of thinking
things through. Like the email you just sent which was moronic.

Retarded is a term used to describe a disability. And I know that you
have your issues, but you are definitely not retarded. Retarded people
tend to be extremely nice.

> And guys, people use offensive words on purpose.

Yes. I'm very, very, VERY well aware of that.

I was trying to help Tomaz who I am certain wasn't trying to talk about
his own mental disability but was trying to state that he didn't think
something through. And he wasn't trying to be offensive, either.

So calm down, Linus. For once I wasn't talking to you.