The Subsurface banner

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Feb 26 04:31:55 PST 2014

Hey Willem,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> If a dive log is not opened automatically, a Subsurface banner appears in
> the dive profile panel. While I think this really contributes to the
> colourfulness and personality of the software, most of the text is totally
> unreadable because of the small font, even on my 2000*1500 screen. This
> could provoke a negative impression of that part of the UI.

This is a problem because Luisa send me an JPG version of the image,
instead of a SVG version of it ( svgs are scallable, whereas jpgs aren`t,
and there`s loss of quality when it happens. )

> I think a more sustainable option would be to display only the diver
> figure with the name Subsurface (at most with a version number, but that
> would mean updates later on). I think the (unreadable) current text on the
> banner probably forms a good first paragraph for the Subsurface user manual.

Actually - what I plan to do is to change that to a QML "Welcome Screen" ,
this is the third thing on my list ( New Profile, New Statistics, Welcome
Screen ). New profile is almost finished and dirk and I are doing some
retouches.