GSoC 2014 Ideas

Alberto Corona albcoron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:54:04 UTC 2014

Alright so, I've gone through either building most of the dependencies
natively, or using the binaries and I'd like to make a few changes to the
instructions. Most notably using Cygwin instead of Msysgit as Cygwin has an
installer that offers some of the dependencies that are needed. This will
let the user just select packages from a list (also has search) instead of
having to go to different sites to download them. Also, the link to mingw
given in the instructions links to a pretty old version of mingw32-gcc (gcc
vesion 4.4.0). I've run into a few issues though, mostly with pkg-config,
spaces in directories and even parenthesis in directories.