Subsurface v4 tutorial video finished

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Jan 1 11:09:03 UTC 2014

On 01/01/2014 06:06 AM, Miika Turkia wrote:
> Excellent work! I even learned new stuff from it (how to enable fields in the dive list).

Thank you for complimenting!

> I would have rather added the local user to the dialout group than changed the device owner. Added group will be
> permanent unlike changes to the device permissions.

That (if a dialout group exists) would give the user also access to an unknown set of
other devices, which might be sensitive (such as a 3G data modem, a card reader or alike).

The best thing would probably be to create some udev-rule or alike who knows the device-id -
but I wouldn't dare to try explaining that in a distribution-generic way...

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg