support for images per dive

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 16:16:23 UTC 2014

we had a quick discussion on irc with tomaz and thiago and we ended up
with some suggestions on this topic.

in any case we may need to change the default subsurface format.

thiago suggested zipping the XML and photos into a ZIP file as many
other apps do and this is quite doable but breaks older format version
in a way.

i suggested that we use byte chunks in XML e.g. embedding raw
PNG/JPEG/format in a XML tag which is ugly but doesn't break the
format.

tomaz suggested using marble to have photos on the map, in a way that
i don't understand so i won't comment further on that, so please
excuse me. :)

my point, i guess is that we need to get this thing in there eventually... :)
in fact the sooner the better!

we need dirk and linus as maintainer decisions on this one!
i personally think that having the image files outside of the user
file is out of the question as it will be very difficult to maintain a
dive file copy/transfer as there will be multiple files...etc

lubomir
--

p.s.
and if we plan wisely support for videos we are going to be quite much