libdivecomputer does not return water temperature for uwatec aladin pro

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 6 12:43:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 16:15 +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 2014-01-05 11:42, vavincavent wrote:
> > Problem and question :
> >
> > With Uwatec aladin pro divecomputer, i can't have the water temperature
> > extract.
> >
> > How can we do that? Is-it possible to create a fork of libdivecomputer
> > in subsurface project?
>
> Right now, libdivecomputer only supports parsing the temperature values
> in the samples (e.g. a full temperature profile), and not the single
> value stored in the dive header. Unfortunately the Uwatec Aladin doesn't
> have a temperature profile, so you get no temperature at all.
>
> Adding support for temperature stored in the header (through the
> dc_parser_get_field function) is already on my todo list. It's one of
> the most often requested features...

Usually the best way to get a feature into libdivecomputer is to work
directly with Jef and send him patches. Especially if it is something on
Jef's todo list :-)

> > join are the result of libdivecomputer log, bin and subsurface xml.
>
> Argh. It looks like I forgot about the libdivecomputer event data.
> Without this extra metadata in the log, I can't correctly parse all the
> data.
>
> Do you mind downloading the universal test app (pick the platform of
> your choice):
>
> http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/
>
> and run it with these options:
>
> ./universal -v -l aladin.log -m aladin.bin -n "Uwatec Aladin Pro"
> <serialport>
>

> @Dirk: This is something I'll have to address with a new patch.

Given a couple of the rather nasty issues in 4.0.1 (especially the crash
if the dc_model is NULL) I will have to do a 4.0.2 rather soon - so a
patch would be quite welcome.