Shearwater Petrel Download Bug

Tommi Saviranta wnd at iki.fi
Thu Jan 16 04:43:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:05:07 +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
> I have no idea why "bind" doesn't work for you.

Neither do I. I bind my Petrel's address in rfcomm.conf and that has
always worked flawlessly until recently. libdivecomputer clearly isn't
to blame because the Debian package I use was last updated July. Bluez
was last updated in December. The Linux kernel has also changed, but
somehow I'd like to blame Bluez. In any case, I now get this (with
rfcomm bind):

ERROR: Transport endpoint is not connected (107) [in serial_posix.c:573
	(serial_write)]
ERROR: Failed to send the request packet. [in shearwater_common.c:279
	(shearwater_common_transfer)]

Running rfcomm connect manually works. rfcomm bind still works nicely on
my N900, but that environment hasn't changed much.

With rfcomm bind, Petrel now stays in waiting for pc state whereas with
rfcomm connect it's clearly indicated that the connection has been
established. Perhaps I should try an older version of Bluez when I get
home.