Apply edited dive info to other dives?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 10 08:03:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:35:43PM +0200, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> I tried to find this feature but couldn't, maybe I missed it? I am a
> freediver and make many dives a day, I want to use subsurface to trac them
> and track my progression. I don't think scuba divers can make many dives a
> day so maybe this is why this feature does not exist, unless I missed it.
>
> I imported the dives from my Aeris F10v2, edited a dive's notes (location,
> water temp, wetsuit, coordinates)  but I could not apply this to my other
> dives (about 60). I was looking for a function like EasyTag has where you
> can fill in the ID3 tag of one file and apply (user) selected fields to
> other files, does somethink like this exist?

We do it the other way around. With a bit of a twist :-)

If you want to change a field in more than one dive, you have to mark all
of those dives and then edit them as a set. The UI will show you the
fields for one of those dives. If you change a field in that dive, then
the corresponding fields will be changed in all those selected dives where
the field had the same value as it did in the the displayed dive prior to
the edit.

Specifically right after downloading, when all the fields are empty,
selecting all the dives and making the changes that you want to be shared
will work as intended.

> As a side note, I was surprised that the temperature was not filled in
> since the watch stores this in the dive log, maybe this is a bug?

This is more likely a question for Jef / libdivecomputer. If the Aeris
F10v2 includes the temperature information in the downloaded data then I'm
sure Jef can make it show up. It's possible that the data structure
changes when the dive computer is in freedive mode...