What's missing for 4.2?

Tim Wootton tim at tee-jay.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 09:32:35 PDT 2014

On 11/06/14 20:26, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Oh, and the distributions will just include my app. Yeah, sure, months
> and months after we do a release. And enforcing their silly packaging
> rules on us (like not allowing us to statically link against
> libdivecomputer,

Or we could provide our own subsurface package for the more common
distros which people could download from the subsurface website the way
Windows and Mac users have to. No need to wait for adoption by the
distro. Retain control of how and what to link. Release with the
subsurface release schedule. Could even host subsurface package repos
for .deb .rpm etc. so users can use the distro's package manager to tell
them when updates are available.

I'm happy to have a go at  packaging for the debian stable and testing
distros if there's interest.

Tim