Aeris F10v2 issues

Gabriel Rossetti rossetti.gabriel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 03:08:35 PDT 2014

On Jun 17, 2014 10:46 AM, "Jef Driesen" <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> On 2014-06-14 11:59, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
>>
>> I tried downloading the data from my Aeris F10v2 last night and I have
had
>> issues. I hooked up the USB cable and it was successfully detected by
udev,
>> it created /dev/ttyUSB0 correctly. I attached the watch and it went into
PC
>> mode as it should. Then I asked Subsurface to download the data, it
>> detected the following data:
>>
>> Model: 17229 (0x0000434d)
>> Firmware: 0 (0x00000000)
>> Serial: 8789 (0x00002255)
>>
>> and the watch's LCD display activates all the characters and nothing
>> happens. I had a look at the log file and it has errors, I attached it.
>>
>> Can someone pls have a look?
>>
>> System info:
>>
>> Ubuntu Linux 14.04
>> Kernel: 3.13.0-29
>> SubSurface version: 4.1-0exp1ppa1~trusty
>> libdivecomputer0 version: 0.4.2-0exp1ppa1~trusty
>

> The logfile indicates a high number of failed packets. These should
disappear if you upgrade to a development build of libdivecomputer
(v0.5.0-devel). It will also make the download much faster.

> I don't see any fatal errors in the log, so I assume that when you say
"nothing happens", you mean no dives are downloaded? To be able to
investigate this, you'll need to send a libdivecomputer memory dump. There
is an option for this in the subsurface download dialog.

> Jef

Hi Jef,

Thanks, I will try that.

When I said it does nothing I meant the progress bar does not move, no
dives are downloaded.

I did check the dump option but it dumped nothing, the file wasn't even
created.

Thanks,
Gabriel