Dive planner UI suggestion

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:36:31 PDT 2014

>> On VPlanner and Decoplanner to plan a dive like 30'@45m you just type
>> "30" and "45"
>> Here I had to enter "45" and "2" to define the first point and then
>> again "45" and "28" for the second point: 30-2=28. It's a little bit
>> counter intuitive. Again if I move to 70m I have to change 4 data
>> again.
>> Of course patch introduced by Anton will solve this.
>
> I think I just pushed that. I totally agree that this should be the
> default behavior (Anton, Robert, can you make sure that's the case) and
> that the manual control over how long it takes to get to depth should be
> an option for those that don't just do a fast descent.

Just to sum-up this point:

V-Planner & Decoplanner let you set the descent rate used to calculate
dive times in metres per minute.
Bottom time is always comprised of descent time.

DecoPlanner (I do not remember V-Planner) has an optional "Immediate
descent" flag that assumes that all the descents are immediate. If not
set, descent time is calculated based upon descent rates set in the
Preferences section. (usually 20 m/min).

Bye