Doubt in deco.c code

Gopichand Paturi gopichandpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 03:05:19 PDT 2014

Hi Robert (atdotde),

I am currently trying to familiarize with the decompression code i.e deco.c.
I have a small doubt. I see this array

const double buehlmann_He_factor_expositon_one_second[]

in the code. I didn't understand what these constants exactly do.

I see its usage in computation of factor for  specific gas

double he_factor(int period_in_seconds, int ci)
{
static struct factor_cache cache[16];

if (period_in_seconds == 1)
return buehlmann_He_factor_expositon_one_second[ci];

if (period_in_seconds != cache[ci].last_period) {
cache[ci].last_period = period_in_seconds;
cache[ci].last_factor = 1 - pow(2.0, -period_in_seconds /
(buehlmann_He_t_halflife[ci] * 60));
}

return cache[ci].last_factor;
}

I get that it's some kind of constant involved, but I'm not exactly
understanding the supporting theory.
Kindly, help me with this.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopichand.